Worked for myself this time, my living room desperately needed a refresh… See pictures below.
The key aspects of any decoration are:
- Remove all fittings (electrical/nails/rails etc.)
- Wash thoroughly all the walls and ceiling
- Cover all irregularities or holes with poly-filler (after removing plugs etc.)
- Sand the poly filler smooth
- Mask the skirting boards, windows etc. and only then one can
- Paint (which is really fast)!
More often than not, this type of work involves skipping steps 1 to 5 and jump directly to step 6 which may seem to be a time saver but really does not work at all as one is left with ugly paint marks all over the fittings and unsightly holes and cracks etc. -or- one can be very careful and try to painfully avoid painting over the fittings, which usually does not succeeds and can take longer than preparation itself 🙂